Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make Hexagon move with parameter

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
pe_simon
222 Views, 6 Replies

how to make Hexagon move with parameter

Hi I want the  circle if Radius = 200, the heagon should be along to move but fail look like Radius =100, how to solve it? Thanks. Attached revit2020 file.

pe_simon_0-1717656121562.png

pe_simon_1-1717656139948.png

pe_simon_2-1717656247658.png

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
curtisridenour
in reply to: pe_simon

I would suggest nesting the Hexagons and then they will move better as the radius changes.

Message 3 of 7
curtisridenour

Also set the circle reference line to Center Mark Visible and lock the circle to the origin reference planes so it does not move around.

Message 4 of 7
Sefanja_Verkaik

I think what Curtis explains are 2 good options, you can either make a nested family and lock this to to the angle and distance you want to have. Or lock the center of a circle to the distance and angle you want to have. Down below I linked your family that I adjusted. However it is in Revit 2022. But it shows an example.

Message 5 of 7
pe_simon
in reply to: Sefanja_Verkaik

Sorry, what is nested family? And can you shown it in video? Step by step. Because I don't understand, thanks! 

Message 6 of 7
Sefanja_Verkaik

Here is a video for the 2nd option. The hexagon is made with a sweep. If it has to be 2D/3D (model) lines you are better of creating a nested family. This option should also be able as linked family.

Message 7 of 7
pe_simon
in reply to: Sefanja_Verkaik

Thanks a lot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators