Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Electrical Fixture family

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ddickmannWZLDM
220 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Electrical Fixture family

I am attempting to recreate an AutoCAD block in Revit 2022. The AutoCAD block is shown in the picture attached with labels. After placing the connection (1) the block then has you place the disconnect (3), then an arc is drawn between them automatically (2). 

I am wondering if it is possible to create a detail item nested in an electrical fixture family that replicates this block or at least resembles it. I don't know how to make it so that the disconnect icon is able to move around without moving the connection icon.

Would this be something only achievable with Dynamo and separate families? (Place connection element>place disconnect element>draw arc between the two) 

Sorry if this sounds confusing, however, any help or advice is welcome. Thanks.

how do i do this.png

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
RobDraw
in reply to: ddickmannWZLDM

You probably can easily put a disconnect symbol in the family and have some flexibility with placement but then there isn't a disconnect switch in the model. I would treat the disconnect as a separate element unless it is integral to the fixture. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 3

I typically would have (1) as one "Electrical Fixture" family and (3) as another separate "Electrical Fixture" family. 

Once you have that it is just a matter of placing (1) and (3) in the model where you want. Highlight both and create a power circuit then click the button to automatically create the wire between them. 

I am sure this process if desired could be automated in Dynamo as well. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report