Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching Families

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
CarrieHoffman02
2482 Views, 10 Replies

Hatching Families

I am using the regular Unit Heater from the Revit library. I have modified it to fit our needs. Now I need to hatch it in plan view. I cannot hatch the item in the family itself. I found this on another thread:

"You want to create that annotation parametric then link the parameters"

What is this and how do I do it? Or is there a better way to hatch my unit heater and any other equipment I may need to hatch in the future?

Thanks in Advance

Carrie

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Nevermind, I found something that works just fine for me. For those who want to know...In my 1-Mech view I went to visibility graphics and just added a fill for all mechaical equipment. Works for me for now.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: CarrieHoffman02

Either that you could create a generic model family which will allow you to create a 2D filled region. This can then be used to show the unit in plan rather than all the 3D elements - which supposedly helps Revit run a little better.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Carrie, that was a good solution.

If you want to hatch just the heaters, you can go to Vg and add a Filter that will just apply a hatch to that family.

You can also save the changes you made to VG for use in other views by creating a View Template from that view. Just make sure you uncheck the things that you dont want included in your template.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Hi Carrie

I realised I made a mistake in my previous reply - it should have said Detail Component family not generic model.

As mentioned before - you need to consider whether you want all the 3D geometry visible in a plan view rather than having 2D elements visible instead as everytime you amend the model then Revit has to regenerate all the 3D geometry even though most of it is hidden.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi guys,

I have a detailed item family created to be used as hatch pattern for a filter.

I was wondering what is the steps to include it into the filter for walls in plan view for example?

thanks.

Message 7 of 11
ToanDN

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi guys,

I have a detailed item family created to be used as hatch pattern for a filter.

I was wondering what is the steps to include it into the filter for walls in plan view for example?

thanks.

You need the Fill Pattern as a Drafting pattern in project.  Then go to VG and edit the Filter's Cut Pattern to use it, assuming you have already configured the filter correctly to cover the designated walls.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

I created the family to be an array pattern to suit any length of the walls I model and to be able to change the pattern width as my walls need.

is it possible to create a filter from this pattern or convert the family to a fill pattern

thanks

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous

Hi,

currently, I have the array family how can I convert it to a draft pattern to be able to use it in a filter and make it adaptive to different sizes?

Thanks.

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

how can I covert array family to fill pattern?

Message 11 of 11
ToanDN

You cannot. Use some hatch creation add ins such as Hatch22 or HatchKit to create new fill pattern that looks like your array pattern.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report