Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generic Models

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WheelerCJ
337 Views, 1 Reply

Generic Models

Hi,

I have been using generic models for my concrete tanks for one simple reason and that is that they cut the section. What I mean is - When I draw a section through the structure it will slice it wherever the section is placed (like it should). I have tried to use mech. equip but it simply won't slice the tank and always seems to display as an elevation.

The below pictures show what I mean. The top picture is the structure as a generic model and the bottom picture is mech. equip. I don't mind keeping it as an generic model but my other problem is that the GM always displays as a dark grey even when printed whereas the mech equip displays as black like how I would want it(I'm not sure if this is visible from the images). I have tried every setting but when I update the family to ME and re-load it goes black straight away and prints black.

Can anyone help please?

GM.jpg

Structure as ME

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
WheelerCJ
in reply to: WheelerCJ

I have just found the answer to one of my queries. The view discipline was on MECHANICAL - When I changed that to any of the others it made all the lines black 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators