Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formulas for controlling an instance parameter

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
nathanpVCVRK
157 Views, 1 Reply

Formulas for controlling an instance parameter

The situation we are working on is our Panelboard Families.

in 90% of cases we want our Mains and our MCB rating to match. We created a Parameter that we reference to the type for the panel amperage that we called "Panel Rating". So if we change a 200A panel to a 400A panel it will automatically swap the Mains rating to 400A. Now for the MCB Rating, We created a Yes/No Instance check box called "MCB Rating Edit".

What we want to do is:  if(MCB Rating Edit, Panel Rating, [Formula does nothing and leaves as instance parameter])
Revit Syntax is if(Boolean, Result if True, Result if False)

The roadblock we are running into is how to make revit do the second part. I have exhausted my understanding of Revit, and potentially this is just impossible. It theoretically should be easy, but I don't know if revit supports a "Dont do anything" Formula response. We would really prefer to not have an additional instance parameter to edit.

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ToanDN
in reply to: nathanpVCVRK

@nathanpVCVRK wrote:

The situation we are working on is our Panelboard Families.

in 90% of cases we want our Mains and our MCB rating to match. We created a Parameter that we reference to the type for the panel amperage that we called "Panel Rating". So if we change a 200A panel to a 400A panel it will automatically swap the Mains rating to 400A. Now for the MCB Rating, We created a Yes/No Instance check box called "MCB Rating Edit".

What we want to do is:  if(MCB Rating Edit, Panel Rating, [Formula does nothing and leaves as instance parameter])
Revit Syntax is if(Boolean, Result if True, Result if False)

The roadblock we are running into is how to make revit do the second part. I have exhausted my understanding of Revit, and potentially this is just impossible. It theoretically should be easy, but I don't know if revit supports a "Dont do anything" Formula response. We would really prefer to not have an additional instance parameter to edit.

You need another parameter for the second part of your formula.  Share your family here if you can.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators