Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flexible duct connection problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marco.defina
2564 Views, 5 Replies

Flexible duct connection problem

Hello,

in the gif below you can see that i cannot connect the flexible duct on the top of the rectangular duct...Everytime connected on the under of the duct.

Why?

2.gif

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dzanta
in reply to: marco.defina

it is because when you try to select the existing duct to connect into, Revit sees the centerline of the top face of the duct...not the centerline of the center of the duct.

try creating the flexible duct in 3d view so you can select the centerline of the duct.

Dzan Ta, AEE, ASM, ACI.

EESignature

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Autodesk Community | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | LinkedIn

Win 11 Pro/DELL XPS 15 9510/i9 3.2GHz/32GB RAM/Nvidia RTX 3050Ti/1TB PCIe SSD/4K 15.4" Non-Touch Display

Message 3 of 6

Wouldn't it be better to create some shoes/spigots on the main run for the flex ducts to connect onto? How do the flex-ducts connect in the Real World?

It's hard to tell from the animation, but if a shoe is created then delete the flex, rotate the shoe and then redraw the flex.

======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 4 of 6
marco.defina
in reply to: dzanta

@dzanta wrote:

it is because when you try to select the existing duct to connect into, Revit sees the centerline of the top face of the duct...not the centerline of the center of the duct.

try creating the flexible duct in 3d view so you can select the centerline of the duct.

I tried...and happens the same thing...

@CADmonkey_UK_Building_Services wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to create some shoes/spigots on the main run for the flex ducts to connect onto? How do the flex-ducts connect in the Real World?

It's hard to tell from the animation, but if a shoe is created then delete the flex, rotate the shoe and then redraw the flex.

I know this way, i have hundreds flexible ducts, and take a lot of time. It has Always worked automatic, this is the strange thing...

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 5 of 6

send a RVT file?
======================================================

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solved your issue.

Intel 7740x - Quadro 6000 - 32Gb RAM - CADmouse - Logitech G710
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: marco.defina

I had a quick play and for the life of me I cannot get the spigot to default to the top - sides and underside no worries.

I tried playing around with the justification, offset heights, views (floor plan, RCP and 3D), even moving the duct for an extreme height difference but to no avail. 

The only solution I know of to do this, is as suggested above and manually add a takeoff to the top of the duct.  Easy enough to copy multiple times on the same duct run for those diffusers with multiple spigots you have - it doesn't take that long whenever I have to do it, but I've never worked on a project that has hundreds of spigots that required top of duct connections....

Not the answer you are looking for, but if another solution is found I would also like to hear about it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report