Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fire Alarm Panel Wont Show

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ensomoran
1031 Views, 1 Reply

Fire Alarm Panel Wont Show

Hello all,

When I placed a fire alarm panel into the plan it

show just fine on all of the drawings and 3D views.

But I then realized that the Fire Alarm panel was in the wrong category (It was under Fire Alarm Devices).  When I set the correct category for the Fire Alarm Panel (Electrical Equipment- Other Panel) the annotation symbol for the Fire Alarm Panel disappeared.  While in a 2D view I can still click the panel in the location that is supposed to be but I cannot see the annotation. 

I checked the visibility graphics and I have Electrical Equipment,Fire Alarm Devices, and Annotation turned but the symbol still does not show.What could be causing this problem because I am not sure what would be cause the symbol to not appear but for the object to still be available for selection in the view. Below is a picture of the problem I am having.  As you can see the model is there but the symbol does not show up.  This only happens when the Category of the Family is set to Electrical Equipment instead of Fire Alarm Device.

Thanks, 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
RobDraw
in reply to: ensomoran

Without actual Revit files to investigate, we can only guess.

I'm guessing that it is a subcategory that is turned off in the V/G overrides.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Autodesk Design & Make Report