Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting to .dwg - Objects with curves

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
ArthurADas
1106 Views, 7 Replies

Exporting to .dwg - Objects with curves

Hi,

I was asked by a client who asked me to export a small hydraulic system in .dwg file format, with isometric view and the system composed only of lines (not 3D solids). The material was then delivered, but it was observed by the customer that the curves contained in the material were exported as a set of lines that, when zoomed, simulate a curve. Attached images.
Is it possible to export the file with these curves being really curved? Plus, i'm looking for the best settings to set to export my Revit project to .dwg.

Obs: The system was made in metric units. The settings to export it was set to metric.

Thanks

Arthur

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
RobDraw
in reply to: ArthurADas

They asked for lines and got lines. Now they want arcs?

It would be helpful if you shared the original family. 

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 8
ArthurADas
in reply to: RobDraw

Sorry for the late response.

Since its a small system, i'm attaching the whole file instead of the families. 

Message 4 of 8
ennujozlagam

set your VIEWRES to 20000 in your autocad program and then regenall and see if helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 5 of 8
ArthurADas
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi, thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately it didnt work, cant even tell if this command changed something at all.

If you wanna give it a try here it is the .dwg file

Message 6 of 8
ennujozlagam

hello, you cannot do anything because it is not continuous curves, you you have to edit the block by using PEDIT command the select spline. thanks

block1.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 7 of 8
ennujozlagam

block2.JPG

have you try to change setting from revit when exported to dwg and see what is the outcome. thanks

solid.JPG

Message 8 of 8
ArthurADas
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hey

I tried this option too. Actually I have tried a lot of option from the exporting settings, keeping the original colors, changing the Solid line to continuous, changed this option that you are suggestion too, etc. But none of them worked 😕

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report