Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Family rotation origin way off center

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pivanovWGJ7E
199 Views, 1 Reply

Family rotation origin way off center

Hello, this family has been puzzling me for a few days already.

It's an exit sign with options of how a notation would be shown and doesn't have a hosting (not face based or wall or ceiling based). When the fixture is selected and needed to be rotated, it creates a giant family selection and the center of rotation is is far away from the center. I can't find anything placed there.

Attached is the family in question. Thank you guys for your help, you have all been very helpful.

Labels (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hello Pivanov,

So a couple of things I have noticed and a couple of solutions I came up with.
First of all the reason (Altough im not sure if its the exact reason) why the rotation point is so random is because there is a sheet family linked inside. This is also where the 2D annotation is drawn.

First solution: Delete the linked family (This will however remove the anotation symbol
Second solution: Create a new Annotation family and replace the one created in the family
Third solution (I would not advice to use though): Rotate the family using space bar or use spacebar to move the position of rotation.

Than there is also alot of unused data in this annotation sheet file. So I would recommend getting rid of it by replacing it. So option number 2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report