Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Engineer Stamps

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
BMART
2205 Views, 6 Replies

Engineer Stamps

What would be the best way to convert our Engineer stamps for Revit? I am guessing that I would create a stamp family so that I can choose the stamp I need and be able to modify the date. Any help would be appreciated.
Bmart
Brian Martin
BIM/CAD Manager
Scheeser Buckley Mayfield LLC
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: BMART

Just import the dwg file. -Or the 100x Revit method: create it in Revit.
Message 3 of 7
chriswade

What we did is we imported our AutoCAD stamps into annotation families, then insert those into the title block with visibility parameters set so that we can control the stamps depending on what discipline it is in.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

CWADE,

Are you using formulas for the stamps to appear based on if the sheet begins with an E,M or P or something else? If so, do you mind sharing how this is done.

What I did was place the stamps and sigs in the titleblock with a yes no type parameter but I have to change stamps in the middle of plotting.
Message 5 of 7
BMART

Thanks for all the input. What I ended up doing is putting the stamps in the title block family with a yes no perameter and placing a label to represent the date with a project issue date perameter so that i could edit the date in the project and then I placed that label on the same yes no perameter as the stamp it corresponds with. That way I can turn on the stamp I need and dbl click on the date and edit it and it would update on every sheet that had that title block.
Brian Martin
BIM/CAD Manager
Scheeser Buckley Mayfield LLC
Message 6 of 7
chriswade

Ok, so here is what I do:
I insert the mechanical stamp and link the visibility of it to a yes/no Instance parameter called Mechanical
I do the same for Electrical, but call the Yes/No parameter Electrical

Then to save on some time, I create two family types, one for Mechanical & Plumbing, one for Electrical with the appropriate visibility set for each.

By doing this I am able to control the title blocks per sheet and I don't have to mess with it later on.

When setting up the project I try to setup more sheets than I think are going to be used for each discipline, that way people can just delete the sheets they don't need and don't have to worry about trying to set them up correctly.
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chriswade

-My 2 cents. Type parameter works good in that with one check box, all stamps are off on all dwgs. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators