Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elumtools 2022.3.0.1 Upgrading the project

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
fernando.iliarte
464 Views, 3 Replies

Elumtools 2022.3.0.1 Upgrading the project

Hello to everyone,

Is someone experiencing problems after update Elumtools to the new version? I cannot upgrade the project in anyway after the installation

fernandoiliarte_0-1657806678820.png

Regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

I use 2023 version and just successfully upgraded to the latest elum version. Took only a few seconds to upgrade the project.

I'd say just try to re-install the update again. also make sure all Windows updates are up to date. I hope you have W10 or newer. Re-start your PC after updating everything.  I once had an issue when I worked remotely and our IT blocked me from re-starting my PC remotely. After a windows (and/or elum?) update I had issues. Elumtool even offered to write a new update by the next day... but it turned out I had to physically go to the office and re-start my PC. All problems were gone after re-start. 

If that all doesn't help, contact their support. They are VERY responsive and helpful. Provide them with ALL available information about your system. 

Revit version: R2025.2
Message 3 of 4

Thank you very much for the answer. 

Looks like my computer is blocking me for some reason. I will try tomorrow to re-install the program.

And agreed, they support is really helpful and responsive. I am in contact with them trying to fix it.

Just one more question, not sure if you tried any other lighting calculation program with Revit. Will you say Elumtools is the best one? Any other one to try?

Thank you very much

Message 4 of 4

I haven't used other Revit-ad ins for lighting. Before elum tools I used a standalone software. 

To be honest, I have no idea what elum tool could improve. I'm able to do all design (inc, emergency lighting etc.) efficiently and get good documents. 

Over the last years they added some neat features (like stairs etc.) and it looks like they continually make small improvement and feature adds. And if I ever need to figure something out, they are very helpful. I have subscriptions to multiple software and elum tool is the software that has the most useful updates and the best service - by a long shot. 

Some things I wanted to do are limited by the Revit API. So I suspect any major improvements will depend on Revit making them possible. 

Revit version: R2025.2

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report