Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elements displayed outside the 3D section box

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ジェリック
583 Views, 3 Replies

Elements displayed outside the 3D section box

I have linked a cable tray model, which is created by other people, in my model the noticed that some cable trays are not affected by the section box and still displays even if it outside the section box but it works normally when cropping 2D section. The "error" only happens when the 3D section box`s top and bottom is adjusted, it works normally when cropping the section box from the sides.

3D section 1.PNG

3D section 2.PNG

I have also noticed that the cable tray having issue looks different from the cable trays that don`t have the issue and top elevation and bottom elevation not displayed nor can be input even though they are both system families with same type.

Cable tray property.PNG

Let me know if you have an idea why this is happening.

Labels (3)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dbutts7
in reply to: ジェリック

This could be a bug - can you let us know what version of Revit and the build number?

thanks - David B.

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
axad1993
in reply to: ジェリック

It sounds like the cable tray family that is causing the issue is not set up correctly. The fact that the cable tray is not affected by the 3D section box when the top and bottom are adjusted, but works normally when cropping the section box from the sides suggests that the cable tray's top and bottom elevations are not set correctly.

It's possible that the cable tray family that is causing the issue was created by someone else and was not set up correctly. This could be the reason why the top and bottom elevations are not displayed or cannot be input. It's also possible that the family is missing some necessary parameters or formulas for proper display.

To resolve this issue, you may want to check the following:

1. Compare the cable tray family that is causing the issue with the cable tray families that are working correctly. Look for any differences in the properties or formulas that might be causing the issue.

2. Check the type properties of the cable tray family that is causing the issue. Make sure that the top and bottom elevations are set correctly and that they are not being overridden by any other properties or formulas.

3. Check the cable tray family's visibility settings. Make sure that the cable tray is set to be visible in 3D views and that the visibility settings are not being overridden by any other properties or formulas.

4. Try opening the cable tray family in the family editor, and look for any errors or warnings that might be causing the issue.

5. If the problem persists, you may want to consider creating a new cable tray family that is based on the working cable tray families, and use it to replace the cable tray family that is causing the issue.

It's also worth noting that, if you're frequently experiencing issues with linked models, it may be worth consulting the Autodesk Revit documentation or contacting Autodesk support for further assistance.

Message 4 of 4
tamas.deri
in reply to: axad1993

I'm sorry but this answer is so meaningless like it was generated by some AI

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report