Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Home Run Arrow Circuit Location

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jdmwrxpower
151 Views, 1 Reply

Electrical Home Run Arrow Circuit Location

Hi everyone, using Revit 2023 specifically in the electrical discipline. Given the later editions of the NFPA-70 adopted by jurisdictions we now need to carry a neutral to the switch box. Prior were able to bring power to the light and drop a switch loop. Now that is not permissible. Either a 3 conductor to the switch box is required if power is brought to the light or we bring the power to the switch box and then only a 2 conductor is required up to the light. I draw my circuits but what I can't figure out is how I can show the home run starting at the switch box and then from there I wire the lights. It seems every alternative I try the home always shows at the last light. Any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tim.ingle
in reply to: jdmwrxpower

Hi @jdmwrxpower,

I did some digging and found this workaround for showing your homerun from your Lighting Device in lieu of the Lighting Fixture closest to the source (response 4 from the forum link).

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-mep-forum/homeruns-default-to-electrical-device/td-p/8684994 

I tested this as well in Revit 2023, but if you create an Electrical Circuit from your Lighting Device (without any Light Fixtures connected), then generate your home run from the Lighting Device. Once generated, then Edit Circuit and select all Lighting Fixtures that are to be controlled by the Light Device that you just circuited. Once all desired Lighting Fixtures have been added to your Electrical Circuit, generate your wiring, and then simply delete the additional home run that gets created from the fixture.

I am not aware of a solution through Revit to automatically control where the home run gets created from as it cannot be adjusted through the Project Electrical Settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report