Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Electrical Cabinet Family

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
MuirEng
1144 Views, 4 Replies

Electrical Cabinet Family

Hello, I could use a decent electrical cabinet family. 

This video shows how to get one from the stock libraries but my 2019 installation does not contain an "Electrical Cabinet" folder in the US Imperial directory. Does anyone have this RFA file or advice on how to find it? Or something equally useful? 

thank for your advice. 

Video on Hoffman Enclosure Revit Family

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: MuirEng

Have you checked with the manufacturer or another one for a similar one?

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 3 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: RobDraw

I have hunted around but not exhaustively. The family shown in the video looks ideal so it is a bit frustrating that it is proving to be elusive. 

Message 4 of 5
RobDraw
in reply to: MuirEng

That video is misleading as it is not referring to a family included with Revit. That folder doesn't exist in the 2019 imperial library. They either obtained or created that family. I would check with a manufacturers. If they don't provide families, most have enough technical documentation to create families from. I took a look at Hoffman, the manufacturer used in the video, and they don't provide rfa's but they do provide .stp's from what I saw.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 5
MuirEng
in reply to: RobDraw

Robdraw, thank you for looking. We made a crude family but not good enough to post. When we clean it up I'll try and remember to post it here. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report