Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct & piping colour change

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
Anonymous
45123 Views, 19 Replies

Duct & piping colour change

Dear all Friend,

how to change piping and ducting colour.

how would i go about apply colour to duct and piping everything appear in grey colour in floor plan and 3d view .please advise me which tabe can setting colour & tell us steb by step.

Tks

Raju

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
HermanSolomon
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Rajre,

Would you mind answering a few questions?

1. Is the project an alteration/revamp? What is the phase of the HVAC elements and the phase of the view? If you have a look at the image I have added, the Phase for the View is set to New Construction, while the phase for my HVAC elements are set to be existing. Due to the latter, a phase filter is being applied to my 3D view, which adds a solid hatch pattern to all elements belonging to the existing phase.

2. Have the Mechanical categories been overriden (Solid grey hatch) within the view template that is applied to the 3D view?

The first option is the most likely culprit. The ducting was most likely drawn in a view which phase was set to Existing. In other words, anything you drew in that view automatically became existing items. If the HVAC services are new, you can select all HVAC elements, and in the properties panel, change the Phase to New Construction.

grey duct colour_Phase.PNG

http://revitrecess.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 20
www.TechRoom.bg

Hi
You can make filters for different elements (graphics overrides \ filters \ edit,new). When you have filters you can choose color and line type or solid for each filter. When you change the plan (different level or view) you can use same filters if view template is same like a previous plan (plan \ properties \ view template). If you need to set up new colors you just need to put new plan view in different template or set view template to none.

Eng. Iliev L.             

⁞|⁞ BIM Implementer, Project & BIM Manager, Coordinator, MEP Engineer

⁞|⁞ http://www.TechRoom.bg

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: HermanSolomon

Thank you so much for your help
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous

Thank you so much for your help.

Message 6 of 20
jkarben

I'd recommend applying the color first at the Duct System > Graphic Override level. This will apply to all views without the need for a filter. This will free up the filter to add additional levels of control as/if needed per view.

Common practice is to apply colors via duct systems and just have one "duct" filter to apply the solid surface pattern to all the ducts.

Capture.JPG

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: jkarben

I have applied color at the Duct System > Graphic Override level. This shows Color in all the Plan / elevation / Section View but unable to see the Colour in 3D View 

In 3D all the Duct are in Grey Color how can i have same System Color in 3D View ? 

Message 8 of 20
jkarben

Set the 3D view's Visual Style to Hidden Line.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous

setting Visual Style to Hidden shows the edges in magenta color.

I want to 3D shaded object to have magenta color.

setting the Material on system Properties level solved the Problem 

Message 10 of 20
jkarben

Yep material is one way you can also add a filter to the view which adds a solid surface pattern.

Filter: Includes Categories Ducts, Duct Fittings, Duct Accessories. 

Visual Style: Shaded with edges 

2018-07-16_0759.png

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: www.TechRoom.bg

Hi, is there a way to apply this to ducts/equipment that are in a linked file?  I tried using the VG settings and creating a filter but it does not seem to work.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous

Good morning, 

what if I want to do the opposite. I don't want to show colors, and I change all type properties to NO override but I still see colors in sections (sections only) what could be wrong? I checked the Visibility Graphics and it seems nothing is wrong. I'll appreciate your help. Thanks in advance. 

cradicbi_0-1586442097782.png

Message 13 of 20
fabiosato

Hello,

In the Manage TAB, in Object Styles, change the color for drop and rise subcategories in cable trays, conduits, ducts and pipes categories.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
in reply to: fabiosato

Message 15 of 20
fabiosato

Hello,

Nice to know!

Fábio Sato
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 16 of 20
will.bentleySUHBB

how dose this work please ? 

Message 17 of 20
fabiosato
in reply to: fabiosato

Hello,

You can check the reply or check my answer below.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous

Hello, 

How to solve this issue if we set up with focus on using Fabrication Parts? 

Message 19 of 20
fabiosato

Hello,

For Fabrication Parts, use filters, you may need to create a system project parameter for these categories.

Fábio Sato

EESignature

Message 20 of 20
jdepaul4GXDY

"Common practice is to apply colors via duct systems and just have one "duct" filter to apply the solid surface pattern to all the ducts."

This is some great information - can't believe it's taken me so long to learn this.. thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators