Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duct Access Door for round/oval duct

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
HVAC-Novice
515 Views, 6 Replies

Duct Access Door for round/oval duct

I have duct access doors for rectangular duct and on the flat face of a rect. duct, they work well. but for round duct I look for one that wraps around the round duct. I downloaded a few, but they all seem to stay flat/straight. So they stick out. 

It gets even worse when I add insulation (lower pic)

Is there one that actually wraps around the round duct? or is there a way to make the ones I have behave correctly? 

it doesn't have to look perfectly, but at least a bit more realistic. 

enkus_0-1660771341747.png

enkus_1-1660771601398.png

Revit version: R2024.2.1
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Hello,

You must create a family with the desired geometry for round ducts.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
iainsavage

I use one provided by Ruskin, I think it works the way that you want.

I can’t upload it just now but you should be able to search for it.

Message 4 of 7
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: iainsavage

The one oval one is a Ruskin family I got from "Seek". Am I using it wrong, or is there a version that works better? They have multiple on Seek, but I only tried a few. 

Fabiosato: what exactly you mean i have to create one? How would I make it to wrap around a round duct? Would it be just static or just, or can it adjust to different duct diameters?  Do i start with just a warped extrusion? I was hoping a family already exists and I can modify it. 

Message 5 of 7
HVAC-Novice

OK, found it. I downloaded all four Ruskin access doors. 2 of them are "flat". 2 are "rounded". Attached is what I did with the rounded one. 

The "THICKNESS DOOR" parameter can make the door thicker so it still is visible when I add insulation to the duct. I guess one could built a yes/no parameter to change the value based on if there is insulation or not. 

I think the ROUNDNESS Parameter could increase with door size to account for the typically larger duct. 

Let me know if you have better ideas or suggestions for improvement. But so far this seems to do what I needed. 

Message 6 of 7
ToanDN

Like this?

65-RCAD.jpg

Message 7 of 7
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: ToanDN

More like the attached. I haven't seen one like you show in real life. One issue I see they would create a turbulence. but from a Revit point, they family i have could be adjusted to make it look like yours. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators