Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw order / Bring to front

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2723 Views, 6 Replies

Draw order / Bring to front

We just received an updated background that now grid bubbles.  The text in the grid bubbles are covering my work(light fixtures, speakers, etc.)  How do I bring my electrical items to front to be visible again?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Try setting the background to "Underlay."

I can also tell you how to get to this setting, but it depends: is this a linked background, or is it an imported AutoCAD?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

It is a linked background.

Message 4 of 7
RobDraw

Recommended best practice is to copy/monitor grids so that they can be controlled per view.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

Agreed - This allows you to change the visibility settings of the copied grids and move the grid heads without affecting the linked background. You can change the Visibility/Graphics overrides for each View in the Properties palette for the View, or by applying a View Template.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

mgoldberg98 is there somewhere i can chat with you or email you?  I need some direction with underlay and copy/monitor

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Sure, you can DM me. Something I forgot to mention that might also help with your original issue - if you set the view's Discipline to Electrical it should put electrical equipment and fixtures on top of architectural elements. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators