Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating parallel conduits with concentric bend radius

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Davidh2BKZ2
557 Views, 6 Replies

Creating parallel conduits with concentric bend radius

(RVT2022) I am fairly new to modeling conduit and I have a cable tray with 24 conduits side by side. The run is short, but there is a bend in the tray. I am trying to get the conduit to bend concentrically with the tray but even with using the "conduits without fittings" family its technically adding fittings so I am a bit confused. Regardless, when I use the parallel conduits command with concentric bend radius on, all the elbows still remain at the same radius. I assume that I am doing something wrong here but cant find a video or post that shows a solution

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
fabiosato
in reply to: Davidh2BKZ2

Hello,

It depends on the bend family that you are using; the bend radius parameter must control the radius.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Davidh2BKZ2
in reply to: fabiosato

I'm not sure what you mean by bend family. For all the bends it adds a separate fitting not a "bend" in the conduit the way it would be done in the field. Is there a way to "bend" a piece of conduit in Revit? I got it to work manually by changing the type of the fitting to EMT, but still had to change all the radius manually to make it work which on a large scale will be quite time consuming
Message 4 of 7
s.borello

Did you click on concentric bend radius when you initiated the parallel conduit command? 

Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 7

@Davidh2BKZ2 

It is working perfectly.
maybe you can share the model ,so we can have a look.

this image showed that it was executed correctly

MahmoudZiedan_0-1709906031030.png

You found a post helpful? Then feel free to give likes to these posts!
Your question got successfully answered? Then just click on the 'Mark as solution' button.

src="https://autodesk.widen.net/content/fbz0l2onhe/png/autodesk-expert-elite-forum-signature-logo.png" >
Mahmoud Zeidan
BIM Manager/Mechanical Engineer
Message 6 of 7
Davidh2BKZ2

I had started at the company where they had an outside party set up their model and it appears that they just had the wrong families loaded in for conduit that did not allow the radius to vary for the bends. I opened a new project and the tool worked fine. I'm just going to transfer the families in. Thanks for all your help

Message 7 of 7

I'd be interested to hear how you achieve the incrementally adjusted bend radius on site; our conduit bending equipment doesn't allow for that in the UK, it's the same radius every time.

Is this a flexible product that is bent by hand?

This is the type of equipment we use:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BEN7PmumSg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDfpQsQJdog

Apologies for the basic videos!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report