Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting piping subsystems systems in hydronic supply

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1062 Views, 1 Reply

Connecting piping subsystems systems in hydronic supply

Getting started with piping systems in MEP, and I understand that each hydronic system is composed of a "Supply" side and A "return" side.  I also know that, say, the boiler is a "parent", and a radiator is a "child". I can't find anything on the next step in the process, however:

A hydronic heating system consists of several interconnected "subsections", such as boiler loop, primary loop, secondary loop, etc.   Looking at, for instance, the "supply" side, how do you break the system into, say, the boiler loop, the primary loop, and the secondary loop? Is the boiler the overall parent, or just the parent to the primary loop? (etc.).  Do you create a separate "supply system" for each subsystem, and then do the same for the return side subsystems?  This would be complex, but maybe it's the only way?  

Can't seem to find any tutorials on this.  They're all about simple one loop systems (which don't exist in the real world).

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Found some good videos that  broke the logjam for me:

http://revitoped.blogspot.com/2011/01/revit-mep-connectors-and-go-with-flow.html

I now see that piping and duct systems are connector driven. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators