Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect single pole device to one leg of two pole circuit?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
MuirEng
398 Views, 2 Replies

Connect single pole device to one leg of two pole circuit?

I do not believe this is possible?

Sometimes we call for this, case in front of me is a dryer booster fan. I'd like have the contractor connect it to one leg of the dryer circuit...

whoa... I might have a code issue since dryer breaker is oversized for the fan. But nevertheless, I'll ask the question. is there a way to connect single pole devices to one leg of two pole circuit?

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
stever66
in reply to: MuirEng

I don't think there is a way to do that.  I usually wind up making a copy of the family and changing the connectors number of poles and voltage.to match the circuit I want to put it on.  Sometimes I'll even make the voltage and number of poles a type parameter or even instance parameters if I think I'll need to use it in the future.

And if you want the load to show up on only one phase (which is how it would really be connected)  I think you can leave the connector as an "unbalanced load".  That way your panel loads will be right.

And you're right about probably needing additional overcurrent protection for the fan!

Message 3 of 3
MuirEng
in reply to: stever66

Thank you Steve.

The booster fan got turfed from the project but I appreciate the confirmation of my understanding in case I need to do this somewhere else.

Brian Muir, P.Eng, Muir Engineering

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report