Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Piping System Classification in Revit MEP

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
42928 Views, 10 Replies

Changing Piping System Classification in Revit MEP

Hello,

I am trying to change the system classification on a piping family to create new System classes.

However, when I duplicate a piping family, I can not edit the System Class. I am attaching an image of it below to better give an idea of what I am trying to change. My goal was to duplicate the Sanitary line, then make it into a Drain Line so that way we can tell the process drain lines apart from the Sanitary lines in the model. 

What must I do to get it to the value I want?

Thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
abulla
in reply to: Anonymous

As you've found, you can't add additional piping system types, you can only duplicate the default systems. The process you described to create your drain system is the correct process. 

Default piping systems:

Default_piping_systems.png

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: abulla

There's no other way to change System Classification, it's completely hard-coded into the system? 

Message 4 of 11
abulla

Correct. From what I've found, as long as you duplicate the correct system type, you can create any type of piping system you need. Here's a partial list of the systems we've created using Duplicate:

EEA_piping_systems.png

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

Alright, thanks Abulla. I suppose I will have to just sort them into those categories. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Hi, 

I have problem with this. I do, as You said, but it not work as I want. I duplicated system in duct systems in project browser. I have N1 and N2. I have to divided parts of system, one on level 1 and one on level 2. If I change system name on level 1 to N1, then system name on level 2 change too. They are not connected. What i do wrong?

Thanks for You replies. 

Message 7 of 11
chrisplyler

as123dfg...

System Clasification and System Name are two different things. You don't change a System Name in the project browser.

xtn

Message 8 of 11
randerson

Hi Abulla

Thanks for the post, quite interesting to see the steps we have to take to create the correct piping systems.

Could i possibly ask you if you could send me your set up project file with the piping systems already created?

regards 

Robin

Message 9 of 11
noushadcmpkl

Dear Abdulla,

The system classification that you have done looks good.

Since it is obvious that we cannot create new systems, we can only duplicate the systems.

So which default system have you duplicated to create this much of custom piping system types?

Please let me know, If there is any particular system types that should be duplicated while creating a new system?

or shall we duplicate any default systems as we like?

or should we only duplicate only the "other" default system classification?

Please help me to get a clear idea on how to duplicate/create new piping systems.

Thanks in advance,

Noushad

Message 10 of 11
sezai_arikan7FKMX

First you set up your desired Piping System in another Revit project and name that Piping System same as the Piping System you want to change in the other Revit project,

While both projects are open in same Revit or source Revit project is linked to destination project, select Manage/Transfer Project Standards,

Select source Revit project, select Piping System Types, click OK, click Overwrite

Done.

Message 11 of 11
Aayala3LTKN

You have a "PROCESS" clasification that i don't. What system did you duplicate to get it?

Thanks! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators