Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing copied pipework from one project to another

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
S.McCoy
483 Views, 5 Replies

Changing copied pipework from one project to another

Hi 

I'm newish (self taught!) to Revit and having a moment!

I've have copied a condensate drainage pipe from a consultants model as I only need to modify a small portion I didn't want to redraw the whole thing. Unfortunately I need to change the material from cast iron (consultants database) to copper (the database I created). 

When I click on the section of pipework and go to properties the dropdown list only contains the info of the consultants pipework I copied and from another pipe I copied from the same drawing. 

What am I doing wrong and how do I change the pipe material?

Thanks 

Labels (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
BiMBoXiT
in reply to: S.McCoy

Hi try an option with " Transfer Project Standard'" 

and make sure tick box these 

*Pipe schedule Type 

*Pipe Segments 

*Pipe Settings 

*Pipe Size 

*Pipe System Type 

*Materials 

or 

Insert as Revit link and try with Bind Link option (Note : Clean and keep project file what element you wish to copy and do purge) 

BiM BoXiT
Message 3 of 6
hmunsell

if you want the copied pipe to change from Cast Iron to Copper, change the Pipe Type to the correct Type. the Type should have the correct material in it.  

another trick is to edit the routing preferences. you can add an additional segment type to the routing preferences. you will need to add appropriate fittings to accommodate that segment type for it to work. i used a chilled waster type in my example below, but you can do it with any Pipe Type.

Capture.JPG

once you do that you will have the ability to change the material between the two.

Capture2.JPG

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
S.McCoy

Hi, 

Thank You for your reply, unfortuntely when I tried that all the boxes were ticked. sorry

Message 5 of 6
hmunsell

who are you replying to? it sounds like the Transfer Project Standard option?

Howard Munsell
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators