Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change level of electrical panel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jondan
1631 Views, 3 Replies

Change level of electrical panel

I have an electrical panel that is filled with circuits that I'm now having to relocate to another floor. It's easy to move locations within a single floor using the "Pick New" command. However, this command does not seem to work at all across floors. If I select the panel and click Pick New and then switch views to the floor I'm wanting it moved to, the command cancels. Trying to outsmart Revit, I've selected the panel, switched views, and then initiated the Pick New command. I'm able to place the panel at the position I click on the desired level, but it just moves to that Z location on the original level.

Am I missing something, or is there no easy way to move from one floor to another? I've even tried extending my view range to see the wall on the desired level I'm wanting to place the panel, and when I place it there, the elevation listed is still acting as if it's on the original floor, with the panel actually partially in the floor.

Having to manually change elevations or shift the panel up to the desired location in a section view shouldn't be the only method I'm left with.

Please tell me this isn't a glaring oversight from Autodesk.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
scbunker
in reply to: jondan

Change your Schedule Level in the Panel's properties to the Level you want to move it to, then change your elevation back to what it should be relative to the new level. Then Pick New Host from the new level's view.

Message 3 of 4
jondan
in reply to: scbunker

This works! I still wish it was as easy as it is on a single level to Pick New. As in, be able to select a new host on a different level and it automatically changes the schedule and assumes the same elevation on the new level as it had on the previous.

Still, thanks for the help!

Message 4 of 4
mo_rahim
in reply to: scbunker

Hi,

Sorry for long post. 

I have the same problem and tried your suggested solution. It disappeared from the level it was on but it is not visible in the floor I wanted to assign it to. I tried to make it visible by going to that level and choosing select all instances, the "in view" option was grayed out so I guess after all it is not in that level. 

However the "in project" option was available so I chose it and I attached what appeared on the display. It looks like it is available some where below the level or something.

In the image the dimension on the left wasn't highlighted until I chose select similar. It also happened to be on the line I attached the panel to it o the upper floor. 

electrical panel basment.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators