Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect distribution system to panel

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
mo_rahim
2955 Views, 15 Replies

Can't connect distribution system to panel

Hello, 

The 240V/120V system doesn't show in the properties pallet. I am using the MEP 208V panel and trying to connect it to circuits. I got the message that says you can't add devices to panel because there is no distribution system connected to it. I have the 120V/240V system added in the distribution settings. I also have the 208V-120V added but this one shows in the properties pallet unlike the 240V/120V. Is it because the panel is originally 208V not 240V? 

Note that the voltage of panel in the type properties is 120V and so is the connector and receptacles,  

I am attaching the screenshot of the properties of receptacle ad panel and connector and also the distribution systems.

I am also attaching the link to the project. 

I will also link the project in the link below.coennector.pngpanel.pngreceptacle .pngwarning .png

Tags (3)
Labels (2)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
s.borello
in reply to: mo_rahim

You need a 240V Distribution system.

Message 3 of 16
mo_rahim
in reply to: s.borello

Hello,  208/120 is added and I don't have a problem with it. The one that doesn't show in the properties pallete is the 120/240. I will attach a photo of the distribution systems I have. distribution systems.png

Message 4 of 16
iainsavage

I’m not electrical but should the configuration not be three phase and either wye (star) or delta rather than none? I assume delta for a 3 wire system?

Message 5 of 16
iainsavage
in reply to: iainsavage

Ignore me. On further reading I now see that this is an American thing where you use two phase lines to generate a higher voltage “single” phase supply. Not common practice in UK.

As I said, I’m not electrical.

Message 6 of 16
s.borello

You able to share a portion of the project for us to look at?  Also, did you change the connecter in your panel family to ne 120/240V?  

Message 7 of 16
mo_rahim
Message 8 of 16
s.borello

Message 9 of 16
mo_rahim

The 240/120 system is already in the settings, it just doesn't appear in the properties pallet

Message 10 of 16
s.borello

Check your voltage definition for 120V, your minimum voltage is 115V, change it to 110V.  The duplex you are tying to connect is out of range.  I also had to go into your duplex family and associate the parameter for switch voltage (it was coming in at 0V).  After I did those two things, I was able to connect to the panel.  Attaching edited RVT below for you. 

Message 11 of 16
mo_rahim

Thank you, I now can add circuits to the 208/120 panel. However I still can't see the 240/120 in the properties pallet. Also I can't decide which receptacles goes to which circuit. As in I can't create distinct circuits and decide which one holds which device. 

Message 12 of 16
Martin__Schmid

Your panel's connector (inside family editor) is configured as 208v/3p.  In order to connect a panel to a 120/240v distribution system, the connector needs to be set to 240v/2p.  See this linked video for one way to accomplish this.

Note that this is a change in Revit 2021... in prior releases, you could mis-match panels and the distribution system (for example, assign a 120/240V distribution system to a panel defined as 120v/1p).  This could result in problems, such as if you fed one such panel from another, the circuit would be a 120v/1p circuit, instead of 240v/2p, and the load information in the panel schedule circuit table would not display properly.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 13 of 16
s.borello

Did you get this resolved yet?

120_240 dist system rvt.png

Message 14 of 16
mo_rahim
in reply to: Martin__Schmid

Yes that worked! Thanks Martin!
Message 15 of 16
mo_rahim

Yes thanks

Message 16 of 16
eddyloy2k
in reply to: iainsavage

in ES configuration, why display star instead of wye?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators