Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASHRAE Table implementation in Revit

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
dyp4f
179 Views, 0 Replies

ASHRAE Table implementation in Revit

I cannot figure out why some specific duct fittings do not show a “Pressure Drop” calculated from ASHRAE Tables.

I mean, the corresponding ASHRAE Table does really exist inside Revit, and I can select it, but it gives no value as a “Pressure Drop”, just a “0”.

Trying to find out if the fault is in ASHRAE Table itself OR in the Revit implementation, I have made a test and I wanted to show it to the forum. I designed a very simple duct network as follows:

One rectangular duct 275 mmX275 mm supplies air to 2 air terminals:

Diffuser.1 is 120 lt/sec, and Diffuser.2 (on a branch flexible duct) is 135 lt/sec. Total flow is 255 lt/sec.

I have put 2 rectangular elbows, 1 rectangular-to-round tap, 1 rectangular-to-round transition, etc.

You can see all those network fittings in the image below.

The network does not have disconnects, and the System Inspector shows all the flows normally.

I select the tap to the branch duct, I select Loss Method “Coefficient from ASHRAE Table”, “Edit…”  and then I select the ASHRAE Standard Fixture: SR5-11. After OK… nothing happens. We have no Pressure Drop calculated. Why ?

Duct network test.JPG

After that, I go to the Original ASHRAE Duct Fitting Database Software to see if actually there is some kind of problem with the specific values (for example out of range).

I select the same ASHRAE Standard Fixture: SR5-11 , I put in the data (dimensions and flows), and immediately I have the right Pressure Drop for: a) the Main flow and b) for the Branch flow.

SR5-11 test.jpg

From this simple test I have concluded that something is obviously wrong in the ASHRAE Table Method  implementation in Revit, and not in the ASHRAE Tables themselves.

This abnormal behavior does not happen for all duct fittings. It just happens for some specific types of fittings.

For example, the 2 rectangular elbows are having pressures drops calculated normally from ASHRAE Tables, as they should.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report