Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle in Duct Elbows

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
kowsik.8
203 Views, 3 Replies

Angle in Duct Elbows

If there are ducts connected on either side of the elbow, the angle is greyed out, but when there are no ducts connected, the angle can be changed in the properties palette.

Is it possible to change the angle of an elbow without deleting the ducts?

Thanks in advance !!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
fabiosato
in reply to: kowsik.8

Hello,

Usually, the angle value is linked to the connector's properties.

My guess is no, but I need to take some tests. At least you will need an extra parameter for the override, and I am not sure if you can control which side will move if it moves.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
kowsik.8

@fabiosato : You have answered my next question too.

Yes, I have tried the same method with a "custom angle" parameter for the override but as you said, I can't control which side to move and even it is not moving as I expected. You try with some tests and if you can able to control it, let me know please. Thank you !!

Message 4 of 4
fabiosato

Hello,

You can create a different parameter to control the angle, but you need to set one angle and create all fittings at this angle and after chance, to the desired angle, but the pipe angle will not follow the fitting angle.

So this is not a reasonable solution.

Fábio Sato
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators