Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

airflow in system browser sometimes switches to gpm

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
HVAC-Novice
226 Views, 5 Replies

airflow in system browser sometimes switches to gpm

In one of my air systems I noticed one device sometimes shows the flow in gpm instead of cfm. when I convert it, it is the correct cfm. In the family units are set to cfm. Sometimes the browser shows cfm. Sometime I just reload the family and the unit switches. so far i haven't recognized a pattern. 

Is this a bug? 

Even if it technically is correct, it is annoying and I never noticed that before in older versions. Took me a while to see it is gpm and was wondering why the number is so wrong... 

I use R2024.1.1.

HVACNovice_0-1695830383013.png

Revit version: R2024.2.1
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
iainsavage
in reply to: HVAC-Novice

Could you upload the louvre family?

Message 3 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: iainsavage

I typically set the louver to "system" so I can have multiple louvers for one system. but even when I set it to "calculated" that "gpm" issue can appear. 

Message 4 of 6
iainsavage

I tried your louvre in a sample project and the values display in GPM.

I then tried other louvre families in the same sample project and they display values in CFM in the system browser so it seems to maybe be something to do with the louvre family.

Message 5 of 6
iainsavage

I played about a bit more and noticed that some values changed to gpm if there is a mismatch in connector directions.

Don't know if this gives you any clues.

Message 6 of 6
HVAC-Novice
in reply to: iainsavage

Thanks for looking into this. Right now it shows cfm, so I just don't touch it for now 🙂

I thought it may be related to my device problem with multiple duct connectors. but it sometimes works... I also changed between the louver connector using calculated vs. system flow, to no avail. 

sometimes it is in cfm, then make a change, it goes to gpm. and when I "undo" the change, it still is at gpm. 

I noticed when I use system flow and the flowfactor, changing the flow factor doesn't' change flow in the louver. I know for sure that used to work in R2023 since I had a project where I used 3 window locations as louver locations and split up the flow by adjusting the flowfactors. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators