Revit MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3d scope box view to section view

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1169 Views, 7 Replies

3d scope box view to section view

Hi All,

I have a 3d scope box view set to front view on the cube. Is there anyway in revit to convert the 3d front view into a section view without actually drawing a section view on the floor plan?

Thanks

3d scope front view.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

go to top view on the cube and move your section box to where you want your section to be and then go to front or side views also on the cube.

the depth of a 3D section box can be also adjusted the same way the section depth is adjusted.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I didn't even think of adjusting to front or top view. Thanks, you made my life easier.

Message 4 of 8
RobDraw

I have to ask why you don't want to use a section for a section view. Yeah, I get it, a 3D view can be made to look like a section and a section is basically a 3D view that can't be orbited. I'm truly curious as to why.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

They take additional steps to create on plan. I find it much easier to draw piping in 3d.

Message 6 of 8
RobDraw

Okay, your question is about controlling your working view(s). I thought there was an issue with using/creating a section view having to do with visibility or some other reason. A lot people have a lot of trouble drawing and/or controlling their view in 3D mode. This question actually has given me some ideas about my own (and some coworkers') workflow. Thanks.

Rob

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: RobDraw

In this attached example, if you have a 3d cube set to front view, you can't connect the two blue pipes diagonally. Revit won't let you. The only way to do that is doing a sectionpiping.PNG view on plan. I hope you understand my frustration.

Message 8 of 8
RobDraw

@Anonymouswrote:

In this attached example, if you have a 3d cube set to front view, you can't connect the two blue pipes diagonally. Revit won't let you. The only way to do that is doing a section view on plan. I hope you understand my frustration.

A section view is not the only way of doing that. It is the easiest for most people. Some have found even easier ways of doing it. That was the source of my confusion.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators