Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unjoin walls directly in the drawing area.

Unjoin walls directly in the drawing area.

We have a allow join tool/icon showing the status of walls when they are unjoined but there is no wall join status or tool for joined walls to be unjoined?

I would like to see the wall join status "icon" at the end of the wall upgraded to allow you to join or unjoin the wall directly without having to use the main wall join tool in the ribbon. 

This would be a great time saver in general and especially practical for all those users that do demo/phasing where walls need to be split and unjoined.

4 Comments

Hi, @Mark_Engwirda ,

This option is available in the right-click menu when you hover over the wall endpoint that you wish to unjoin.

kimberlyfuhrman_0-1666287865211.png

Mark_Engwirda
Collaborator

Thanks, @kimberly_fuhrman-jones I appreciate the feedback and the tip, it's good to see that the right-click option is available although it is quite inconspicuous. 

For consistency which I think is really important for the user, I think the "join or unjoin"  wall options should look and behave like the "lock or unlock" tool, both options should be visually available?

Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea, so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

The Factory

Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented

We are pleased to say that this has been implemented in Revit 2025.1! Thank you for your contribution to improving Revit!

Help | In-Canvas Wall Joins Control | Autodesk

-The Factory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report