Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stop adding new features nobody is asking for...

Stop adding new features nobody is asking for...

...until you add features people ARE asking for.

Autodesk seems to be quite focused on design automation. Is anyone asking for design automation? I see people asking for some modeling and documentation automation. But not design automation. 

Personally, I'm skeptical of design automation; I don't trust Autodesk to get it right. I fear Autodesk may actually make it harder to model and document the way that I want. Just look at electrical wire sizing as an example.

But, even so, new features like design automation are not what is important right now. In all the top Ideas, we are asking for features and improvements which make modeling and documentation more efficient.

How many of the top 100 Ideas could be implemented if you redirected resources currently being used to develop design automation features?

Please listen to your users.

4 Comments
ks2_wmb
Advocate

Please also updoot this thread, last year's "Why are you misusing development resources???" thread:

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/quality-of-life-update/idi-p/12138829

Thanks!

kh_jea
Advocate

I wish I could upvote this 5.000 times.

starry.cui
Autodesk

Hi @scbunker @kh_jea @ks2_wmb ,

We totally understand how painful the issue "automated wire sizing" is and are exploring potential solutions. We are really keen on hearing your feedback on our latest prototype.

If you are interested, could you please drop me a short message via email (starry.cui@autodesk.com)?  

Many thanks,

Starry

Experience Designer

Revit Electrical

simmonsEDP9W
Advocate

also, stop changing the LOOK of ALL icons inside the Revit Ribbon. All that time changing the look of icons/commands could have been spent with the top 100 suggestions.

also, ALL previous revit versions the PRINT setup automatically collated sheets by their name. Now we have to click through 2d/3d/sheets only and then Sheet Number (ascending).  

bottom line, you're changing stuff nobody suggested and making a more cumbersome workflow.

We are the customer - do better.

David

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report