Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"OR" in filter rules

"OR" in filter rules

There is currently no "Or" capability in filter rules, which makes it very difficult/inefficient at times to filter.  For instance: assume I only want to see walls that contain CMU or Concrete in the type name.  I can create a filter for Just the concrete walls easily, and do the same for the CMU.  But one filter with OR could easily accomplish the task.

111 Comments
Ian_H
Advocate

@kimberly_fuhrman-jones 
I dabble in code mostly for use in Dynamo so I can understand that the processing of creating something is not 'simple'. My assumption in using that word for something like this is just that fact that this and other spreadsheet features have been around a loooooonggg time with programs like Excel and Open Office. Now I'm guessing you can't call up Excel and say give me your code to use, but just the fact that these functions have been around for so long with other programs makes me believe that would be more doable to create and implement than some new feature. 

Here's a crazy idea...maybe let users create a live link to an spreadsheet like Excel. Then you can let that program be good at what it's good and and Autodesk just have to write one program that links them. Then you don't have to re-invent the wheel when it's already been invented by someone else, you just have to create a way for your vehicle to use that wheel. 

nmarcelis
Advisor

nice

LBD-DEI
Explorer

Would be nice to have an option similar to the graphic filters where you could select And or Or for how the schedule could be filtered. 

Revit And-Or idea.jpg

Tags (3)
AhmedDri
Participant

2024 AND STILL WE don't have OR in schedule

🤣is there anyone that could tell us why it is not included ?

sometimes autodesk make me go crazy

tlagardeAJBTA
Advocate

Still no update on that pretty important feature ?

tangheG9YG7
Explorer

Let's be clear, missing the OR function in a schedule filter is a real bummer.

Adding multiple wall types should be an easy job, now we have to make different schedules to just get al the wall types we need.

Adding the AND/OR or XOR funtion could save me and my team a lot of time with every project.

Please vote this idea up if you need this function!

Kind regards

Jelle

Tags (1)
tangheG9YG7
Explorer

Please vote this idea up to get it under review by autodesk, only then it will change!

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/quot-or-quot-filter-function-in-schedules/idi-p/12780010#...

@bosborne 

@tlagardeAJBTA 

@LBD-DEI 

@nmarcelis 

@AhmedDri 

rcarrilho
Contributor

Provide the option to filter based on OR or AND. Currently, everything is filtered using AND.

EmptySaturnV
Advocate

How in the world has this post been up for 8 years with thousands of votes and Autodesk has done nothing?

kimbD79KU
Enthusiast

I think they are waiting until the 10-year anniversary to roll it out in a party.

mhommersen
Observer

my whole company just began using REVIT.. we have thousands of equipment tags that we have to route cabling between. Having OR function would allow us to search both equipment on the schedule (to AND from panel names) and allow us to then highlight both easily in the model.. coming to the forums to find this has been requested for close to 15 years is absolutely wild.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-architecture-forum/filter-a-schedule-using-a-logic-quot-or-quot...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report