Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Are You Sure You Want to Upgrade the Model?"

"Are You Sure You Want to Upgrade the Model?"

In our office, we are currently utilizing 2016, 2017, AND 2018 for various projects, (we keep our models in the same version year as the client's model).

If you accidentally open a 2016 project from Revit 2018- as you may know- it automatically upgrades the model to 2018 and the only way to "revert" it back to a 2016-friendly state, would be to restore the .rvt file to an earlier date (and of course risk losing work). There is a cancel button... But there have been times where I hit it too late, and it upgraded anyway...

I noticed in 2018 & 2019 there is a small preview pane which displays the .rvt file you selected and will light up "2016" in the preview. That's awesome! But in the mornings when the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet- it would be very helpful if a little message could yell at me and say "This file was created with an older version of Revit. Are you sure you want to upgrade the model?"

1 Comment
zrohlfs23F92
Contributor

You do realize you have to save the file or sync with central after you upgrade it right? There are a lot of steps here you have to do blindly.

Step 1 is open a file that hopefully you have named with the version of revit you are using (20##)

Step 2 watch as the file goes through an extra long process of upgrading and miss clicking on the cancel update dialog box.

Step 3 actually save over the previous file you had in your state of panic instead of closing and click the "Do Not Sync Button"

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report