Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No new features in the 2020 release please.

No new features in the 2020 release please.

How about in the 2020 release we don't get a single new feature? Instead wouldn't it be wonderful if Autodesk, would go and fix all of the obnoxious bugs and workarounds that users are subjected to every day they use Revit?

62 Comments
ipselute
Advisor

Please mind that all humans are imperfect creatures, therefore any human product or construct cannot be perfect. I'm sure the programmers are doing their best at solving bugs.

It would be beneficial if you could prioritize on a list the bugs that you find most disturbing.

dgorsman
Consultant

It's a no-win scenario: fix bugs/no new features?  Complaints about "paying for nothing".  New features/bugs left alone?  Complaints about program "not working".  Getting rid of a work around which requires a change in work process?  Complaints that it shouldn't have been changed.

leojk
Participant

Yep, PERFECTLY AGREE.

How about make only one thing: and this is BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY???????????????????????

The rest is not important.

😉

tstoneZ7BVK
Explorer

this is the most important thing to me, before 2020, do a update in between

please there are so many irritating every day things you need to fix

I know many have asked prior

section markers need a lot of work

the too small on screen

snaps

the pipes that just don't want to make an elbow or tee although I just did it on the adjacent one

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sure Autodesk can factor in an update patch prior to the release for some of the bugs. The main bugs I've been experiencing are:

1. Text box doesn't always update when you are typing.

2. Colour Scheme doesn't update straight away.

For future updates a live spell checker would be awesome 🙂 

JHeilman258
Participant

I say lose the whole annual new version convention. I don't need another Revit icon on my screen, currently I have one job still using 2015 for CA, and then there is the 2016 jobs, and the 2017 jobs, 2018, 2019, and this coming April I'll get 2020. I remember in 2015 when I was finally able to uninstall 2010. Give me one program, REVIT. If a major overhaul happens then release new software. And, make that new software replace the old (and support Backwards compatibility). But if the changes are updates, patches, stupid new features like word processing (that was apparently incredibility hard to code), or tabbed views, or the ability to collapse all/ expand all in the browser, or the etc ., blah, blah , (crap that I stumble upon one day and think to myself when did that happen? that's pretty useful) then keep it all in the same version, one software package, REVIT.

I'll give them some credit when they merged the the Structural, Architectural , MEP into one. 

And for **** sake, this concept should be easily achieved with AutoCAD with no question. There is no god**** reason we should be receiving completely new software install packages every year for that software. The only reason I chose to upgrade to 2018 was for opening up 2018 dwgs. jesus.

But, I dream. At least I got that. One dream.. that never changes throughout the years.

victor_agustin
Explorer

Our studio had paid thousands of dollars on annual subscriptions for the Autodesk Design Building Suite (or whatever is called today) and is worthless in comparison with other 3D platforms... REVIT2019, that is our main architectural modeling platform, is an outdated software... even the model libraries are pathetic!

3DSMAX2019, that is basically the same as the older versions, is an unstable/outdated piece of junk that needs dozens of plugins to make it "productive - but way more unstable than average"... Our studio was used to loss on average an hour a day (12% of the time) dealing with 3dsmax crashes/bugs!

THANK GOD we decided last summer (for our own mental health) to switch to a stable 3D Platform (not a single crash or bug to report yet) and we only use 3DSMAX to link/export the REVIT model and convert the Vray materials with the material converter plugin.

FinearcLtd
Advocate

Agree totally. New features welcome too, but it's really high time to improve the basic tools and fix basic bugs

Anonymous
Not applicable

-Legend tool are totally useless

-Patterns are pain in the a... ( Py plugin solved it, autodesk should try the same)

-Underlays makes no sense..... why can't we choose any view?

- railings on stairs..... sux..... always end on a in-place model.

-why the stair top can´t extend to meet the slab?

- There is no tool to make maps for elements in the model.

- ability to freeze drawings would be nice too

- import pdf also

- inside assembly view the modify tab basic tools like Extend do work? 

- wall parts? why if I got to manually join everthing after break to make my representation correct?

- why we can't take wall sweep lengths in a schedule?

- why wall base and top contraints can't be used in filter?

- why vertical edges of  cutted objects eventually appears as projection lines making strange points in the drawing?

- why revit can't hide triangules when import mesh objects?

- why things have strange constraints and behaviors like lighting that moves when you edit ceiling perimeter?

- why we can't print a schedule?( aff....)

well there is a lot to fix and improve in revit, so when you announce useless or nonsense functions like sketch lines it's really upsetting, if you don't solve any of this problems and bring more useless functions there is no why to release a 2020 version.... you should look at other software evolution.. like rhino and archicad.... they listen to their user base

JOfford_13
Advocate

Amen to this thread.  Revit needs a lot more quality of life improvements, not new gizmos that kinda work.

dannett2B232
Enthusiast
The 2019.1 version now features a bug needing a work around on the start / welcome screen.

This has bin my request for 5 years now:) But money does the talk here.

But!!! If a miracle happens, could you please call all the releases 2019.5 so that 2020 actually becomes 2020?

And please add all the missing elements as well.

* Add per mille in spot slopes, so that we can get this info on sheets.
* Maintain orientation in ALL family categories, so this function can be used on all families.
* Make hidden lines work on linked files.
* Make view settings work on linked files, Underlay is not function properly on linked files. (So no ceilings in a mechanical model if these are mede in a architect file)
* Add Basepoint/Survey Point elevation possible in all tags. Could be nice to tag cable trays, pipes and ducts with an actually elevation.
dannett2B232
Enthusiast
The program isn't worth the money. It's just organisations are stuck on the merry go round.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would't it just be nice to have a standard OLE function so you could import your Excel spreadsheet or HEY HOW ABOUT A PDF FILE!!!???

LUDICROUS that this software does not do even THAT.

LyleHardin
Advisor

Yeah. It'd be nice to live in the 1700s when technology didn't change on a daily basis. I mean that gear in the grist mill hasn't changed for a hundred years. 

Basam.Yousif
Advisor

I assume you use Revit the same way you use this forum: incorrectly. IDEAS have a different place and it is definitely not here. 

lionel.kai
Advisor

@JHeilman258 You're lucky. I don't have 2014 installed, but I just finished (hopefully) our last 2013 job that was hanging around.

I would love to see them FINISH implementing all the features that they gave up on half-way through (Text, Tabbed Views, etc.). It would also be great if they'd release fixes for MULTIPLE versions (not just the last one) - R2015 had TONS of updates, but now it seems like they forget about everything except the latest. Most of my projects are in 2018 right now...

mid
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

FULL MULTI-TREAD SUPPORT sow i don't have to pay $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ computer that uses 10% of the power.

sarsenaultbrassard
Collaborator

Technically if they fix all the features that don't work right now it will be like they are more features than any years prior!

wr.marshall
Advisor

Legend view in a schedule

2. Vertical Schedule. So Length, Material, Mark.. are underneath rather then next to each other in schedule view. 

3. Print Window like AutoCAD

4. Easily assign a level to linked models

5. Schedule as different type if mirrored or flipped. If have 3 version of item, and B is flip of A and C is mirror of A, it would schedule B and C as same type.

(flip is little blue arrows, and mirror is a modify tool incase anyone wondering difference)

6. Window Family to have actual windows that might be of different configuration to be listed as one family ie steel windows then 1 has vent and windows, 1 has 2 win, 1 has 2 win and vent, 1 has 2 win and 2 vent...  In a way a modular configurable window

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report