Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Model Warnings: Autodesk to Assign Severity Levels

Model Warnings: Autodesk to Assign Severity Levels

I believe that the warning messages in Revit should be edited to include a severity level such as (Minor, Major, Severe) to every single one of the warnings which show up.  This way if there are hundreds (I know we should keep it clean but no one ever does), BIM Managers & Users can quickly process the most concerning ones first to quickly improve model performance and stability.  

I also believe that there should be a color background coded for these severity levels and applied to the warnings dialog so its further brings user's attention to the warning severity level.  

To go the extra mile, I think that warnings should be tracked against the username of the creator so we can quickly assist with training better practices for these users.

1 Comment
archytextural
Explorer

I like this idea to teach people about warnings and the potential impact of warnings. I'd also like to see a "mute Warning" button that takes a warning out of the overall warning calculation. If we know about overlapping lines and off axis lines I'd love to be able to "mute" that warning to see the other warning totals. The ability to hide or show a warning would be great. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report