Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Schedule Parameters for Generic Annotation Families

Key Schedule Parameters for Generic Annotation Families

I would like to be able to add parameters to a generic annotation which are controlled by a key schedule. Imagine having a generic annotation family with an assignable key parameter. You can place it, then select which key for it to reference. You could then have a key schedule set up to automatically assign it a particular note, key ID, etc. Would be great for creating a schedulable keynote family that is fully editable directly in Revit schedules.

3 Comments
Mike.FORM
Advisor

You can already do this by creating a Key schedule and having the first column be your key name and the second column being the parameter in you annotation family.

Then if both names are filled out the same it will be appear as though when you select the key from the dropdown that value is put into the annotation.

This also avoids the issue of the annotation breaking if the key schedule is removed from project.

ksmithBMBHQ
Participant

@Mike.FORM As far as I'm aware, key schedules must be tied to a building component category when they are created. Generic annotations are not building components. When creating a schedule tied to generic annotations, the "note block" schedule creation dialog does not currently allow for the creation of key schedules. Note that I'm specifically talking about generic annotations, not tags (which are able to reference the parameters of a particular building component).

Mike.FORM
Advisor

@ksmithBMBHQ  You are correct. I never realized you cannot create a key for generic annotations.

Learn something new everyday.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report