Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filters working on family shared parameters from the link model

Filters working on family shared parameters from the link model

Shared parameters in the Revit link need to be added as project parameters to be taken into consideration by filters in the host model. If the shared parameters are only inside the family in the link model and are not added as project parameters in the link, filters can't see them. 

Adding a shared parameter as a project parameter assigns this parameter to all families of the selected category. Making the family shared parameters visible for filters can help with keeping a clear model if each family has a different set of parameters.

1 Comment
barthbradley
Consultant

Filter by a parameter that exists in the Link and/or coordinate with the team beforehand about what Shared/Project Parameters everybody should include in their own Projects - whether they use them or not.  Although, I don't know what you would do with their Elements/Categories that did contain your Project's Parameters - beyond using them in rule-based Filters for VGOs.  Maybe I'm missing a larger purpose or benefit here.  If so, I'd love to hear it.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report