Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing Schedules

Editing Schedules

I would like to be able to select multiple cells in a schedule and edit them all instead of clicking individual cells and having to retype or go to the drop down. For example say that a manufacturer hasn't consistently filled out the identity data with their name. Some of the types might have the company initials, some have full name, some are blank. I'd like to be able to select multiple cells and pick one to make it consistent across the board. I know there's workarounds that you can do in the families themselves to lock the parameter so that it adjusts all the types in that family but if you're working with multiple families you have to go into each family. I guess I would just like the schedules to have a more similar functionality to excel when it comes to editing.

I've only been working in revit for just over a year so if there's actually a way to do this please comment and let me know.

3 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I agree this would be great, we leverage working schedules.  These are schedules that do not go on a sheet and are just for coordinating the data.  Group them however makes sense and then update the information more quickly.  They can be temporary, but we keep them around for future coordination.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's what I do currently. I keep several different working schedules to maintain the data I need in the project. It works perfectly fine for smaller projects but when it comes to large multi-million projects I just think it could be more efficient to select multiple cells to be able to apply data too within the project instead of having to do it individually or having to open up families to make changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-ideas/multiple-selections/idi-p/6319740  This idea posted ties into what I'm suggesting so please go check it out. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report