Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamo inside "in-place mass" or Importing Rhino .3dm into "conceptual mass"

Dynamo inside "in-place mass" or Importing Rhino .3dm into "conceptual mass"

Hi! Sorry for the long post. 

I love using masses and concept designing in Revit. I'm a full believer. I wish there was just a little more TLC when it comes to MASSES. I use conceptual massing, divided surfaces, and dynamo to create parametric facades. However, dynamo does not work in the "in-place mass" environment but it does work in the "conceptual mass family environment. I typically work in the "conceptual mass environment" but there is an issue when you want to bring a Rhino .3dm file into the workflow.

Currently right now my workflow is linking rhino files into the "project environment" as an in-place mass and then that lets me divide the surface. However, I would like to be able to do that in the "conceptual mass environment" but it's not possible. The reason why I want to work in the "conceptual mass environment" is because dynamo does not work with divided surfaces as an "in-place mass". So anytime I make a parametric facade using divided surfaces and dynamo, (depending on the complexity) I painstakingly have to remake the geometry in the "conceptual mass environment" 

So either, have dynamo be available inside "in-place masses" or have Rhino .3dm files be imported as masses that can have divided surfaces in "conceptual masses"

Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report