Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Options API

Design Options API

Hello, I'd love to suggest and ask for the support from the community to provide an API for Design Options.  There is SO MUCH that can be done with Design Options from the development community to help make the usage easier for designers and open up doors to leverage Revit more and more in early design phases, for example, Interior Test Fits.  I'd suggest the following initial functionality:

• Create / Delete New Option Set
  • Create / Delete Option within Option Set
  • Rename Option Set
  • Rename Option
  • Switch Active Design Option in Active Design Option Dropdown
  • Set Primary Option with Option Set
  • Set Design Option for each option set in the Design Options Tab of Visibility/Graphic Overrides
  • Add and Remove objects from Design Options

Would love for other members of the community to chime in on other major areas this could be exposed in the API.

29 Comments
patrice.lefebvre
Explorer

+1 -- I can't believe this hasn't been made available yet!

cmcnamara
Participant

It would be great if the command to 'finish editing' (switch back to Main Model) was available for keyboard shortcut assignment - Pick to Edit is fantastic, but still need to go into the menu or dialog to get back to Main Model.

Thyrum2
Observer

+1 -- How can such a critical feature still be missing?!

BobbyC.Jones
Advocate

In addition to Josh's excellent list, also need the ability to read Design Options applied to views.

accounts-payable7HRV7
Community Visitor

This is why people use open-source software: simple, basic features going unimplemented for 5 years.

BobbyC.Jones
Advocate
@accounts-payable7HRV7  wrote:

This is why people use open-source software: simple, basic features going unimplemented for 5 years.

It's been longer than 5 years.  I've been asking for this since 2009.  I think it's safe to say this request isn't happening.

josh_moore
Enthusiast

Bumping this again!  So much opportunity here and quite a bit of community support over the last few years.  Sorely need an API here.

pieter4
Advisor

I would love at least the functionality to

- switch primary

- accept primary

BobbyC.Jones
Advocate

Bump for one of the top voted wishlist items.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report