Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Similar Available in Family Editor - Remembers Line Style

Create Similar Available in Family Editor - Remembers Line Style

Please make the Create Similar (CS) tool available in the family editor. Currently this function is grayed out for some reason, it would save a lot of time!

10 Comments
Simon_Weel
Advisor

Option is greyed out in Family editor, please enable it?

sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Thanks for taking the time to submit your idea. Unfortunately, this idea did not get the support of the community over the last 6 months and as such we will not be pursuing it at this time. Please feel free to rework (titles and clear descriptions are really important) and resubmit this one down the road.
sasha.crotty
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

damo3
Advisor

Make 'Create Similar' functionality available in families for Symbolic & Model Lines. 

Tags (1)
HE-MJJ
Advocate

Hi,

When I use CS I would like Revit to als set the type of line (Straight, curved, etc.) I am selecting.

https://www.screencast.com/t/OcvqcX1ZYs

So I won't have to make that choice again.

Best rregards,

M

guillermo4JEUL
Enthusiast

This is something very silly, I don't understand how you have a software with a very usable tool like Create similar, and take the decision to turn it off. I believe that this is this way by decision, not by mistake and that's the saddest thing.

Revit is a great software but full of bad decisions.

tlagardeAJBTA
Enthusiast

Hello, I realized recently that for some bizarre reason, the command Create Similar or CS for the fast one doesn't work on lines in the family editor. Is there a reason for that ?
Please update this workflow blocker.

Thank you

kimberly.fuhrman
Autodesk
Status changed to: Accepted

Congrats! We think this is a great idea (note: for linework), so we've decided to add it to our roadmap. Thanks for the suggestion!

To follow the progress of features in development, please see the Revit Public Roadmap and join the Revit Preview Release to participate in feature testing. (Note that Accepted Ideas may not be immediately available.)

The Factory

dbobber
Advocate

How come revit doesn't remember the last line style I used? 

If i need to use a hammer to nail something, why would I want to use a flat head every time? 

dbobMJQEY_0-1694466227481.png

PieterL_TM
Advocate

I see that it is accepted, but please, it would be really handy to be able to use CS for symbolic lines.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

Autodesk Design & Make Report