Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

API access to "Transfer Project Standards"

API access to "Transfer Project Standards"

To easily retrieve elements in another projects the Manage -> Transfer Project Standards functionality is very useful. Also from API perspective this can be very handy, if certain View Templates or other elements are missing. Currently there are some workarounds, but I'm sure API access to this functionality is much easier to handle transfering all elements of a certain Category.

Also registered as CF-4242 [API wish: transfer project standards].

5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I consider it necessary to implement this function in the Revit API. Since it is a demand that we have in all the developments that we carry out.
Whether a development works well depends on whether new projects start with a well-configured template and common shared parameters.

But, what about previous projects? We always have to transfer the project standards from the corporate template, to ensure that everything is correctly configured.

I second the proposal of Harmen Verburg to implement this much needed functionality.

OR_AND_NO
Advocate

HFA.Bobby.Solis
Participant

We'd find this very useful if this was implemented.

matthew_conwayN7C2G
Enthusiast

It would be  nice if it was easy to define what gets transferred as well as "overwriting options too"

mattmas
Enthusiast

Agreed - the difference between the behavior of Transfer Project Standards and what is available in the API (Copying the Elements, but without the Override option) - is too big of a gap, in reality, to be useful.

The Overwrite option is what people are expecting, and I think the only reasonably way to deliver it is via a Transfer Project Standards API call.

I'd like to be able to do this in batch operations, whether that's via Clarity or Forge DAA.

-Matt

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report