Announcements
Welcome to the Revit Ideas Board! Before posting, please read the helpful tips here. Thank you for your Ideas!
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allow concrete stairs to be joined with other concrete elements

Allow concrete stairs to be joined with other concrete elements

Would be useful to be able to join concrete beams with the concrete stairs they support or concrete stair ends with walls/slabs so that the stair can be seen as monolithic with such elements (unless unjoin is used or materials are not the same).

This is typical behaviour for concrete elements in Revit and so I don't know why it doesn't already apply to the stairs category?

5 Comments
pieter4
Advisor
RPTHOMAS108
Mentor

Hello Pieter,

I've voted on this existing idea, it didn't come up in the search for some reason.

One thing I noticed was that the other/same idea seemed specifically to be about joining stairs to floors/walls. This would be great but I'm thinking more generally that concrete elements regardless of category should join with other concrete elements i.e. including concrete beams supporting stairs.

The administrators will decide if it should be merged I suppose, don't want to split the potential vote.

Regards

Richard

Anonymous
Not applicable

it should be great if its is possible to fix the stair function on the ground that it is not possible to join properly the concrete stair to concrete floor or concrete wall(for example shear conrete wall).There some workaround with linework tool nevertheless it should be easier for the designer if the floor/wall join corectly28828771_1715286351869816_1538756923846670180_o.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow this is a neat ability honestly.

I'm a new business owner and looking to expand my services with my concrete company. So I've started dabbling in AutoCAD to be able to provide more high-end concrete work with patios and retaining walls. The imagery and visual aid this provides to customers has been fantastic for my concrete work!

Check out all my stuff on my concrete website: concrete contractors milwaukee and see if I'm doing a good job!

lingaraju_cj
Explorer

It is always embracing to present structural drawings in Revit due to this problem because in Revit, Staircase won't join with next elements. For example if I want to support cast in place concrete staircase or landing on concrete beam, stair or landing won't merge or join with concrete beam. To hide this, every time I have to use either line work or filled region; which is time consuming indeed. Please fix this issue. Expecting reply from Revit Developer team.

lingarajucj_0-1644499354537.png

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators