Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No A360 Project Access

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
EKey
1510 Views, 8 Replies

No A360 Project Access

Hi,

I have a problem with the A360 collaboration.

I work for a Mechanical Engineering company. Architects established an A360 project. I got an invitation to join the project. I successfully became a member of the project and was able to use the A360 functionality in web browser for the project.

But I need to have a live access to the A360 from Revit. I have a button "Collaborate on A360" in Revit menu, but when I press it I get the message:

A360ErrorMessage.jpg

The communicatior also tells about the problem: "There is no project to show inside this panel"

A360CommunicatorErrorMessage.jpg

What can I do to resolve the problem?

Thank you,

EK

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk
in reply to: EKey

E.K,

When you log into manage.autodesk.com, do you see "A360 Collaboration for Revit" listed under your Products & Services section?

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 9
rmoore2
in reply to: KyleB_Autodesk

I read somewhere that A360 was going to be down for an upgrade today

Message 4 of 9
EKey

Hi Kyle,

No, there is no such product in my list.

Could you please clarify the difference between:

one:

How much does it cost to subscribe to Collaboration for Revit?

Cloud Subscriptions to Collaboration for Revit are priced per user and include, as an entitlement, a Subscription to A360 Team. Quarterly and monthly term Subscriptions are priced at US$100 per user per month. AN annual term Subscription costs US$67/month per user.**

and two:

How much does A360 Team cost?

A360 Team is available as a Cloud Service Subscription. Cost is $15 per member/month on a monthly subscription and $10 per member/month on an annual plan.

Also there is the explanation:

Does each collaborator I invite have to purchase an A360 Team license as well?

No. Only A360 Team Members require a paid subscription. The subscription account creator, called the Team Owner, is responsible for payment. Project Contributors can be invited into your projects and can collaborate for free. Project Contributors are only required to create a free A360 account to participate.

The last statement tells me that I don't need to pay for the project access. How to interpret all three statements together?

Thank you,

EK

Message 5 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk

If you don't see A360 Collaboration for Revit (C4R) in the Products & Services list, then it means that your Autodesk ID has not been allocated an entitlement to use the Service.  Those entitlements are the result of a subscription to the C4R service.

If you want to work in Revit on cloud workshared models then you need a subscription to C4R, which also includes A360 Team.  If you just want to View, Search, Comment on, and download detached copies you can subscribe to just A360 Team.

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 9
EKey

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for the answer. It gives me some understanding, but I still don't have a clear picture what type of license every project member needs. A table like this would be helpful:

Clipboard-1.png

It would help me to unserstand what is the role for every user and purchase appropriate licenses. 

Nevertheless I am very appreciated for your help.

Sincerely,

Evgeny.

Message 7 of 9
KyleB_Autodesk

Evgeny,

There is an A360 blog article on Project Roles, and the below images should help.  Just think of a C4R subscription as a "plus" version of A360, which allows a team member to cloud workshare Revit models.

A360 Project Structure.png

C4R Entitlements.png

-Kyle

Kyle Bernhardt
Director
Building Design Strategy
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9
EKey

Great! Thank you.

Evgeny
Message 9 of 9
EKey

Hi Kyle,

Now I fully understand the A360 licensing model. But it took me a lot of efforts. Thank you for guiding me.

Can I summarize my experience dealing with the problem?

Trying to understand the subject I told with a number of people. And they all were confused with the information provided by the Autodesk site for the A360 service. We were brainstorming the problem, but we couldn't find to a clear solution. Only involvement of an experienced person can resolve our doubts. It tells that the A360 description on the site needs to be updated to give a clear picture of the service interconnections and levels of permissions. By my opinion the table I mentioned would be very helpful.

One more thing if you please.

Lets take the picture:

and compare with the A360 service snapshot:

A360 Project Members

I think that the "Project Members" title is not correct for the second picture. It would be correct to name it "Project Users" as the list includes Project Members and Project Contributors according the fist picture. It is a small thing but it added a lot of headache to our effort to understand the services. I think it needs to be changed too.

Also it would very helpful if the user info displays his/her roles in the project and hub accoding the blog link you provided. A C4R entitlemnt info also is desired to be shown. 

Kyle, I hope you can influence the information presentation. If so could you please share our thoughts to a suitable team? I believe it will be helpful for all Autodesk users.

Thank you,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report