Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grid lines visibility

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Jacob.Riley
348 Views, 11 Replies

Grid lines visibility

We have multiple useres on project and one created sheet views and now another user can not see horizontal grid lines. Has anyone else seen this issue. We have exhausted all our efforts on figuing this out. 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
RSomppi
in reply to: Jacob.Riley

Are you talking about the view grid or column grid lines?

Message 3 of 12
Jacob.Riley
in reply to: RSomppi

view grid or column grid are they not the same.

Message 4 of 12
RSomppi

@Jacob.Riley wrote:

view grid or column grid are they not the same.

Hardly, but I did mistate my question. By "view grid" I meant Grid Guide.

Message 5 of 12
Jacob.Riley

it would be column grids now that i understand question

Message 6 of 12
RSomppi

Not sure how the creation of a view can affect element visibility on a different view. The grids would have had to have been edited in some way.

Since it is only the grids in one direction, I would guess that the extents of those grid lines have been adjusted to fit a new view by changing the 3D extents instead of the view specific 2D extents. 

Message 7 of 12
Jacob.Riley

Correct thats what my thought was but extents are messed up in the one user that can see. He sees them far to the left and when the other guy looks there he cant see them at all so thats why it has me stumped.

Message 8 of 12
RSomppi

If they are comparing different views, it's not that perplexing. 

To eliminate any more speculation/guesses, share the model or a portion of it that exhibits the behavior.

Message 9 of 12
Jacob.Riley

see snip below. Best i can do right this min. Both are looking at the same view and whats in red circle one can see but the one that needs to be able to see to move them they can not see them. 

Message 10 of 12
RSomppi

Something is different about the two users. Just fix the grids to the proper 3D extents synch up and all shoud be well.

Good luck.

Message 11 of 12
Jacob.Riley

I know that much but now the guy not working on it has to stop what hes doing to fix them which is the option we have now but was looking to see if anyone had answer on how or what might be a solution for the other guy.

Message 12 of 12
RSomppi

The solution is in understanding how they work with the 3D model extents and the 2D view specific annotation extents. Seeing different things in the "same" view doesn't make sense. Something is diferent somehow. Maybe the view has become corrupt. Try making a new view and get rid of the errant one. If the 3D extents are correct, that should fix the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators