Revit Cloud Worksharing Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Cloud Worksharing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Cloud Worksharing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auodesk Desktop Connector Download initially

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jaydee.iyog33DEM
279 Views, 3 Replies

Auodesk Desktop Connector Download initially

Hi, On the new Autodesk desktop connector 16 is there a way to Download initially the files inside that you are after? and it will still be link via the cloud and not local in your PC?

To trigger the download in the cloud you often need to load it in Revit but when open in Revit, Revit just got stuck there and waiting for it to download which is not ideal on our end. is there a way to initially download it before i link it in Revit? `and not saving it locally to your PC.

to note though i am assuming that the solid check is saved locally on your PC and the Hallowed Checked is saved in the cloud i might be wrong in this. 

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RSomppi
in reply to: jaydee.iyog33DEM

@jaydee.iyog33DEM wrote:

is there a way to initially download it before i link it in Revit? `and not saving it locally to your PC.

This statement is contradictory because copies of linked files are stored locally.

Message 3 of 4
jaydee.iyog33DEM
in reply to: RSomppi

i see! so what's the difference of the hallow check mark and the solid checkmark? Please.

if its the same as Microsoft in the link below. then it is technically save in the cloud, is there a way to grab it initially? instead of opening revit first? hoping this is not confusing hahaha

https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/sharepoint/what-are-the-differences-between-quot-green-tick-i...

Message 4 of 4
RSomppi
in reply to: jaydee.iyog33DEM

Revit stores a copy of the cloud files locally. That's just the way it is. Desktop Connector isn't even necessary.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report