Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worksharing in Revit.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
300 Views, 3 Replies

Worksharing in Revit.

Hi, 

I am relatively new to revit.  I accidentally pressed work-sharing while I was doing my model for the past couple of days.  I opened my model and it is missing all the information I have added over the past 3 days.  I am extremely worried that I lost it all because I have to submit it tomorrow.  Is there anyone thaat could help me or tell if there is some folder that revit saves?  I don't understand work-sharing.  Pleas someone help me find my files so I don't get a zero on my project.  I am scared to try anything further like turning off Work-sharing.. in case I lose the information of my project.

Thanks

Katelynn

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hello yes there is , look at the folder where you usually open/save your file. look for filename autosave something like this zzzzz.0001.rvt. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 4
RDAOU

Worksharing doesn't delete anything you did before you invoked Colaborate...if you didn't mess around and tested much, (apart from grids and levels) what you did should be on the default workset 1 which you may have set as not visible (either under worksets on the collaborate tab or in Visibility graphics)

If you deleted WS1 by mistake, Revit normally gives u the option to move elements from the workset being deleted or just delete them with it. So what you modeled for 3 days can't be accidentally gone ...

You can still get it all back (or should)

YOUTUBE | BIM | COMPUTATIONAL DESIGN | PARAMETRIC DESIGN | GENERATIVE DESIGN | VISUAL PROGRAMMING
If you find this reply helpful kindly hit the LIKE BUTTON and if applicable please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION

Message 4 of 4
FGPerraudin

Hi Schutzk,

There is another possibility.

Worksharing works this way:

You work on a local copy of a central file.

In order to make any change official, you synchronise with the central file.

So here is the theory.

You might well have been working on a local copy and tried to open the central file without having synchronised for the last three days.

In order to distinguish the two of them:

Yous central file has a normal name but is coupled with a folder bearing its name 

Your local file is like any other file, but with your working ID attached at the end of its name.

The central file should be located in your project folder.

The local file is created by default in the "documents" folder.

Have a look at both and tell me if it solved your issue!

Cheers,

François

Francois-Gabriel Perraudin
BIM management and coaching

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators