Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wood Column Hatch in Plan

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1352 Views, 7 Replies

Wood Column Hatch in Plan

I've been using the attached timber column family from the Revit library (first time using it). In my model I'm assigning it a wood material that has one hatch for surface pattern and a different hatch for cut pattern. But in plan/RCP where the plan view cuts through the column I see the surface pattern.

I tried cutting a vertical section directly through the column and noticed that the cut pattern is working there. Does 
Revit not recognize plan cuts as horizontally-oriented sections? Is there a way to get this column hatch to read as sectioned through without doing a bunch of annotative regions?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm not sure what you are seeing, but your Column displays Surface and Cut Patterns correctly for me. 

...I wondering if the post I deleted might actually have been on point.  Pre-Cut vs. Not Pre-Cut  Behavior?  

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/revit-products/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2018/EN...

Still, I can't seem to replicate what you are describing. I tried on 2019.2.  

Message 3 of 8
ToanDN

Try the revised one attached below.

Annotation 2019-05-23 134557.png

Message 4 of 8
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

@ToanDN : Are you getting the same behavior the OP is describing?  

Message 5 of 8
ToanDN
in reply to: barthbradley

No.
Message 6 of 8
barthbradley

@Anonymous : View Visibility/Graphic Override. Final answer.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

Yep that was the problem, someone did graphic overrides in view. I thought I checked that when I was going through the problem the first time but I obviously missed something. Thanks for the help!

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ToanDN

Thanks for the family mods @ToanDN - it will come in handy for this and other models!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Technology Administrators