Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows not showing in floorplan

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
woodstim
12914 Views, 11 Replies

Windows not showing in floorplan

Hi,

I'm having trouble showing windows in my floorplan. See attached image. Only when I draw a box over them / highlight, do they show. If not I can see them. The other windows are showing up ok.

I1ve tried selecting course, medium or fine with no luck. The windows are on the same phase as the others that show also.

Thanks,

Tim.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
ToanDN
in reply to: woodstim

They maybe too low or too high.  Create a Plan Region (under View menu, Plan View, Plan Region) covering the area and change the cut plane for it to cut the windows.

Message 3 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

Not within the View Range maybe, like @ToanDN said. Another thing that works is the old model line in family trick.  Draw a model line from the window sill to the Ref level in the family and reload. 

Message 4 of 12
woodstim
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi,

Thanks, but still having the same issue. See screenshot below for View Range settings.

Any idea?

[cid:8760f272-b593-4b01-a983-2d973a5d7c8b]
Message 5 of 12
barthbradley

nothing posted

Message 6 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: barthbradley

If your view range is actually cutting the window, I got a couple of ideas why they are not showing...but those ideas are all ruled out because I don't see an cut opening. You have an opening cut made by the window, Right? You see through in 3D? 

...Phasing could explain....but your view shows window tags. ?.  Is Phase Filter set to SHOW ALL by chance? 

Message 7 of 12
woodstim

Guys,

Ok so you are saying its not the view range. What else could it be? Cutting planes etc. not sure why I need to be doing that? I just want to show windows in a floorplan, was hoping it would be fairly simple!

Yes, they show in the 3D view. But not in plan, floorplan view.

Tim.
Message 8 of 12
barthbradley

Ha! It is easy....normally. Post your project for a looky-loo. Sure we'll figure it out in no time. 

@woodstimwrote:
Guys,

Ok so you are saying its not the view range. 

We're not saying that at all. We think it IS the view range. Have you tried adjusting it yet? If the windows show up at a higher view range, then use @ToanDN's approach to apply those settings to a specified region in the view, and then set your overall view range back to how you like it. 

Message 9 of 12
woodstim

Thanks, Revit file attached. You can see which windows are not showing when you highlight everything.

I also want to show the sliding doors in the window schedule, is that possible?

Tim.

Message 10 of 12
barthbradley

Make your View Cut Plane higher and they all show up fine. Do you know how to do that? Edit "View Range" on the View Properties under "Extents" category.

...add if that works for you, don't forget that we work on solution credits here.  wink, wink. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

So @barthbradley solution would work, however all your windows that aren't showing are because the sill heights are all higher than 1200mm. Lifting the cut plane to 1500mm or higher would work. Keep in mind, if you get a window with a sill height higher than 1500mm, you will get the same problem, and then the view range cut goes higher... 

Personally I don't like changing the view range as it can impact other things in your view and then you end up with a similar problem for another object. 

In this instance, I would recommend @ToanDN suggestion. This is what the 'Plan Region' tool is for, altering view range in localised areas. 

Message 12 of 12
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous: The point of raising the cut plane, was to prove that this WAS a view range issue, just as @ToanDN and I were trying to explain to the OP throughout this thread.   I never suggested he keep it that way. In fact I suggested the Model Line Method as an alternative to the Plan Region Method. This would probably be easier for the OP since he is doesn't quite yet understand the View Range .  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report