Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do my walls go through the floor

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Anonymous
3622 Views, 21 Replies

Why do my walls go through the floor

As per the attached, my walls go through the floor, how do I begin my walls from the floor base?

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
barthbradley
in reply to: Anonymous

looks like they need a base offset. 

...you know, typically the top of floor is where the Level is.  

Message 3 of 22
ToanDN

Is the top of the finish floor higher than the level?  You can attach the wall base to the floor or join geometry the walls to the floor. 

Message 4 of 22
barthbradley
in reply to: ToanDN

I think the real issue is with the doors.  Looks like thresholds are buried in the floor.  I'd either lower the floor or create a finish floor level for walls, doors , etc.  

Message 5 of 22
ennujozlagam

set your wall from the level > base offset = 0,0. thanks

WALLS.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Base offset is zero

Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: barthbradley

I lowered the floor and still seem to have the same issue. I am so confused, it's like you guys are speaking in a different language haha. Would you mind creating a screen cast to demonstrate please?

Message 8 of 22
ennujozlagam

post your file here so we can check. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 9 of 22
barthbradley

I understand your confusion and I believe the best remedy is to lower the top of your floor to the level.  Maybe you put in an offset for the floor by accident. Whatever, the top of the floor should be flush with the level.  This is the solution. Believe me. 

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

check the base offset or join the wall to floor ...ur pblm will solve.

Message 11 of 22
barthbradley

Huh?

Message 12 of 22
barthbradley

@Anonymous: check the Floor's "Height Offset From Level".  Does it read 0'-0"? 

FloorTop.png

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous

can i see ur file.?

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous

looks like definitely you have another level around. Maybe from a linked file. And the floor is drawn on that one. My two cents.

leveel.jpg

Message 15 of 22
kadmonkee

in the image example I have a basic wall that extends past level 2 up to level 3

I included a Top offset and top extension (-3 5/8") to meet the underside of level 3 slab

the base offset = 0 which sits on top of Level 1 slab.

the (2) blue grips at the top and bottom are for splitting the offset and extensions of the wall components.

if you have 2 floors in close proximity and the wall projects below to the other floor, you can change the Base constraint to the correct floor, or set a base offset the distance between the 2 floors.

if i wanted the Wall to be @ Grade I would set my base constraint to that level or assign a base offset to (-6") from Level 1

FLOOR_WALL_TRANSITION_LI.jpg

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
in reply to: kadmonkee

This is like same that I'm saying, but with more bells and whistles.

Alias "more complicated'.

Message 17 of 22
kadmonkee

I do not believe it is more complicated.

all the basics of how to place a wall are there.

using the extension and offset are typical workflows in most offices

I included those options only to help the O.P. what each setting can do.

my understanding of the O.P's issue is what I was replying to

I am only sharing my experience towards a solution not criticizing others responses. 

If there is any information shared that is of value please give Kudos
If a solution is provided by any posters please mark them as Solved to benefit everyone else.
thank you
Message 18 of 22
barthbradley

@Anonymous wrote:

can i see ur file.?

I think you meant to ask the OP this question? That is a good request to make of the OP too.  

@Anonymous: Zip your file and post it (via "Attachments").  That would help us to help you.  If you have already figured it out and moved on, please let us know.  

Message 19 of 22
Anonymous

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the delay. Please find attached the file. I have not had time to tinker with the file per your suggestions but in the mean time I have attached.

Many thanks,

Sam

Message 20 of 22
barthbradley

Change 145 to 0. 

Floor145.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report