Revit Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Revit Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Revit Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHISH for Revit 2016

82 REPLIES 82
Message 1 of 83
K4rl33
18742 Views, 82 Replies

WHISH for Revit 2016

Dear Santa... 🙂

...for the next version of Revit, I would like to have a more user friendly iterface.

Coming from classical 3d modeler, I already usually work with a multi windows layout, but I think that a BIG step forward would be to orient the core of the program to a more flexible multi/windows interface, for example giving to the user the possibility to activate a window simply going through with the mouse.

This would allow to set up more than a window in the canavas,working in a easier way.

I suggest also to give a thinner look to the windows border, in order to put them in a layout like in 3dStudio Max or Rhino. 

Last of all, in my opinion, a big step forward would be to create an hybrid phylosophy from revit familes and autodesk layers, in order to group families into layers with a layer manager easy to access.

82 REPLIES 82
Message 81 of 83
DanDomine
in reply to: Anonymous

I would do that so that I can import real 3d objects and still be able to design around them.

If I import my project into 3ds max, i have to repeat a lot of steps to do a correction. So importing 3ds max models into revit would be a more practicable option.

By 3D objects I mean scanned on site objects (significant monuments), realistic trees, entourage objects, some furnitures.

By the way, there are a lot of objects out there for 3ds max that I would love to use in Revit without loss of quality.

Message 82 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

this made me laugh so hard
Message 83 of 83
Anonymous
in reply to: marcin

Being the fact that I know how to write software and also do program my own Revit addins using the API, I am aware that making the Revit window active when you hover your mouse is not difficult to do and I agree is a great idea. It is simply an event that gets fired when the mouse (x,y) location is on top of the window. So, Autodesk please!

Now, being the fact that I work with many different companies that use Revit (not just Architecutre companies but Mech, elec, Plumbing, GC's etc.) if we added layers or customizable categories to Revit , it would be redundant and just another thing to manage on top of the (wonderful filtering) system that is already there. Also, when an MEP engineer gets  a Revit model, thank GOODNESS that the Architect didn't create more categories of objects because depending on the model created, many different companies have their own layering system and we would have the nightmare that we have today with AutoCAD layering (more layers than anyone could shake a stick at and who knows what is on what layers. Shell shock when openinga Revit model). There I said it.

So, to add to the window handling of Revit, I think it should be able to carry a Revit VIEW window onto another screen so you can have say a 3d view on screen A and a floor plan on screen B, but the way Revit windows are coded is that the view widows are a child of the main Revit application and I don't know how much coding it would take to make the window be allowed to move outside the main Revit application, but would be great as I have had many companies that I have trained and worked with on Revit that this became an issue when they had multiple screens.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report